Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Google Calendar Saved My Life

I first discovered the miracle called Google Calendar in my sophomore year. I wish I had it in freshman year.

Every Monday I would print out the agenda for the next week and carry it around in a binder, making notes, writing down homework, and making adjustments accordingly - then going home and keying it into the computer.

This picture is not meant to scare you, yet it does anyways. It scares me even now:


I don't expect you to be insane like me and enroll in 24 credit hours, but I found that once I scheduled dinners or lunches with friends, made appointments, planned out homework time and study groups, I actually slept more than everyone else.

I had a separate calendar for all my courses. At the beginning of the semester, once I received the syllabus with a calendar, I would input all the exam, quiz, and project due dates.  

Google Calendar is so easy to use!!

I also input club/society meetings, study/homework times on the weekends, and even social outings. 

I don't think this is considered OCD, but it sure was close to it. If you can manage your time, you can show your college that you, like I once did, own it.

2 comments:

CH1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for your post. I've been using Google Calendar since my Senior year of high school and find it to be extremely helpful! It's good to see that others are also find it to be beneficial.

ShareThis