Friday, April 3, 2009

Grocery Shopping

Most people don't face the task of going grocery shopping until after their freshman year, but just in case, I will make a post about it for everyone. :)

I used to live in the backyard of Wal-Mart, which is a one-to-one parts blessing and curse. Things were just a quick 3 minute drive away, and that was awesome.

I remember this HUGE guy behind the checkout counter, who was busy eying my purchases. I told him, sheepishly, that you probably shouldn't EVER go grocery shopping while you're hungry (and a small Asian). He laughed, and I laughed. But at the end of the day, Wal-Mart had the last laugh. I easily spent $100 every time I went there. *blush*

Lesson #1: Do not go grocery shopping when you are hungry.
Lesson #2: Try to make a grocery list around the refrigerator to stop from impulse buying.
Lesson #3: Try to coordinate with your roommates (provided that you share your food) because you could save money. Food is surprisingly expensive.
Lesson #4: Last but not least, try to resist the gravitational forces pulling you to the soda and chips aisles. Stay in the fresh produce, dairy and cereal sections. Cereal is going to quickly become your best friend (except for my friend B because he is too picky -_-;;;).

No comments:

ShareThis