Thursday, February 19, 2009

Boosting Your GPA

Let's talk about a word that makes me smile: Minors. Yes, in the plural.

Of course, I am assuming that the insertion of minors would not make you study for a longer period than needed.

Minors will boost your GPA. The ones that I considered (and some that I achieved) include:

  • Philosophy
    (worst mistake of my life. DO NOT TAKE A PHILOSOPHY COURSE)
  • Psychology
  • Biotechnology
  • Chemistry
  • Entrepreneurship & Innovation [Certificate]
  • Management
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Latin
  • Classics
Let me repeat this one more time. DO NOT TAKE A PHILOSOPHY COURSE.
Philosophy courses do not make you actually examine your philosophy (maybe until you qualify for upper class courses, or maybe never at all); they make you memorize and regurgitate philosophies of ancient (meaning, Dead) people.

If you're into philosophy, I would recommend just looking at the books required for some of the courses that you have interest and borrow them from the library to read in your spare time, like I did. Hooray Plato's Republic and Aristotle's Nichomean Ethics!

1 comment:

CH1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

ShareThis